Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bittersweet

Ethan started preschool today. I have mixed feelings about it. He enjoyed it, and he’ll have lots of new experiences there. The other major benefit is that it gives Roseli one less child to worry about for a few hours.

But I also feel somewhat guilty to have someone else take care of him, but I’m not sure why.

When I was in early elementary school, there was one mom who came in regularly to help. I think even then I thought that was neat, and I want to spend time at my children’s school. I asked the two preschool teachers if that would be okay, and they said it would. I came to pick him up early so that I could get to school on time, and they were making little creatures with clay, colored feathers, pipe cleaners, and beady eyes. I love that stuff, so it would be fun to play, too! Ethan is so sweet, and this is such a special time in his life that I want to savor it, if I can.





















Ethan in front of his new preschool, Small Wonders.

When I got home, Joshua was sitting in a box, reading a book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I LOOOOOVE this post! I am always the "room mom" (or one of many) for my kids because I have the same feelings about my kids spending so much time in someone else's hands.

That picture of Joshua is so awesome...I love pictures of regular famiily life and the funny things that toddlers do!

8:49 AM  
Blogger THE HUMES FAMILY said...

That is so fun for Ethan! Good for you for taking the time to go in and help...I wish I could do stuff like that! Maybe next year!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home